MPI Level 1 grads have studied the essentials that everyone working in the pro market should know about architectural paints and painting practices. Test your understanding of resins.
0 of 5 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 5 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
1. Typically, alkyd coatings cure by oxidization. The oxidization process slows down after the coating has dried, but never completely stops. Over time, this results in which of the following defects:CorrectIncorrect
2. One form of sub-classification of alkyd resins is by the oil content or oil length. As oil length is shortened, the alkyd requires___________solvents to dissolve or reduce the synthetic portion of the polymer.CorrectIncorrect
3. ________resins are generally thermoplastic and derived from the distillation of crude oil.CorrectIncorrect
4. ________resins are created by the residues left from the distillation of coal or petroleum and used primarily for roof coatings, driveway sealers, underground storage tank coatings, and pipe coatings.CorrectIncorrect
5. Epoxy resins are used widely in industrial and specialty coatings. Which of the following is NOT one of the advantages of using an epoxy resin?CorrectIncorrect